- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Sites or in connection with the Services, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Sites.
- From third parties, whether they are partners or vendors.
- Transact: Since a lot of our services revolve around data and data exchange between the client and our internal team, the client shares data for various purposes including but not limited to:
- Email broadcasts
- Social media campaigns
- Data Cleaning
- Data Audit
- Data Verification
Jacobsons Direct treats this data with the utmost confidentiality and uses it for the specified purpose only. Any data that you share with Jacobsons Direct, or grant access to for the purpose of a particular service will remain strictly confidential and bound by a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Data we collect:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us for a stated purpose – enquiry for a service, signing up for our newsletter, resources, blogs, etc or for any service
- Automatically as you navigate through the site using cookies and other tracking technologies. Information collected automatically may include usage details, email address, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners and third-party service providers who we believe in good faith are providing or sharing with us data in compliance with applicable laws or with whom you have authorized either these third parties or us or both to collect and use the data.
- How we use your data:
- To present our Sites and their content to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfil any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your subscriptions to the Services, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Sites or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Sites.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- We never sell your personal information or provide it to others for their own and exclusive marketing purposes.
- How we share information:
- We share your personal information with trusted third parties who are our technology suppliers and partners where we have agreements to provide services with or in conjunction with JDMS that our marketing research indicates you have sought if not actually requested. JDMS is committed to working with suppliers and partners who comply with similar and equally protective undertakings of privacy and confidentiality.
- We share your personal information with third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us.
- As we grow our business, we will likely share your personal information with our other affiliated (“Group”) companies for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes. As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or merges with us, your personal information will be disclosed to such entity. Also, should any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding ever be brought by or against us, all such information will be considered an asset of ours and as such it is possible they will be sold or transferred to third parties.
- Where required, we share your personal information with third parties to comply with a legal obligation; when we believe in good faith that an applicable law requires it; at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; to detect and protect against fraud, or any technical or security vulnerabilities; to respond to an emergency; or otherwise to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of third parties, visitors to our website, our business, or the public.
- To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information with your consent.
- Your rights:
- The right to object to processing –
- You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing, i.e. if you no longer want to be contacted with potential opportunities.
- You could exercise your right by writing to email@example.com providing specific and detailed information regarding your objection.
- The right to be informed –
- The right to rectification –
- You are entitled to have your information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- If you believe your personal information/Personal Data processed by JDMS is incorrect and needs to be updated or otherwise corrected, please write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- The right to lodge a complaint –
- You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your personal information/Personal Data with your national data protection regulator. However, we hope you will contact JDMS first (email@example.com) so JDMS can try to address your complaint directly.
- The right to withdraw consent –
- If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal information/Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This includes your right to withdraw consent to us using your personal information/Personal Data for marketing purposes.
- If you want JDMS to withdraw your consent to process your personal information/Personal Data, please direct your communication to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The right to object to processing –
Note: Please consider your request responsibly before submitting it. We will respond as soon as we can. Generally, this will be within one week from when we receive your request but, if the request is going to take longer to deal with, we will come back to you and let you know.
- Our data retention policy:
Any data that you share with us, stays with us in our database till such time when you expressly communicate to us to permanently remove the data from our systems.
Updated as on July 14th, 2020